|» Archive of earlier newspaper issues||» Lithuanian version|
The President of LDA informs about the conference of the LDA collective members. The LDA unifies 51 collective members at the moment. The chiefs of collective members were invited to the conference “The teaching of the LDA collective members about diabetes questions”, organised by the LDA and Druskininkai diabetes club “Atgaja”. Prof. Juozas Danilevicius, dr. Bronius Jonusas, dr. Gintaras Zaleskis, dr. Vytautas Dargis, dr. Romualdas Klimavicius, dr. Saule Zvirinskiene, dr. Alminas Jarasiunas, dr. Rasele Kiseliuniene, dr. Ona Jurkauskiene, dr. Egidija Baltrusaitiene, diabetologists Juzefa Uleckiene, Birute Marciukaitiene and Genovaite Milosiene shared their experience with diabetes. The President of Latvian diabetes association for children and adolescents
Inara Puzule visited the conference. The participants of the conference were awarded with the certificates. The organisers of the conference thanks for the general sponsor – Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government sponsors – Aventis Pasteur, Eksmos MTC, Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk.
LDA – The Member of International Diabetes Federation.
The information about LDA working ours hours is provided.
An International Conference of LDA Collective Members (continued from page 1).
The Newspaper Diabetes.
An information about subscription of “Diabetes” is provided.
Advertisement of Lilly Company on pens of insulin “Humulin N pen”.
To The President of Lithuania Mr. V.Adamkus,
The Chairman of the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas) Mr. A.Paulauskas,
The Chairman of Health Committee in the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas) Mr. K.Kuzmickas,
The Prime Minister Mr. E.Gentvilas,
The Minister of Health Mr. K.R.Dobrovolskis,
The Director of State Patients’ Cash Mr. S.Janonis.
In the appeal is declared that mechanical saving of the money in account of compensated medicine. Such a saving of the money can deprive the possibility of qualified treatment, induce hospitalisation, and induce the number of invalids and deaths, increases expenses in Lithuania.
1. To reject the Project of the State Patients Cash.
2. To find ways of increasing budget of compensated medicine.
· On April 26, 2001, The President of LDA Vida Augustiniene visited Kaunas diabetes community “Aronija”. She told about the activity of LDA and discounts provided by State and Association. The new council was collected during the meeting. G.Tarasovas was collected into the duties of the chief.
· On May 2, the doctor endocrinologist E.Rudinskiene and V.Augustiniene participated in the broadcast “Diabetes. What should we know?” in TV “11 kanalas”.
· On May 9, The meeting of LDA with Eli Lilly chiefs took place. The stakes of co-operation were established.
· During May 10-11, the International conference “The training of the LDA collective members on diabetes questions” took place in Druskininkai.
· On May 11, Telsiai diabetes club “Dia Telsiai” was confirmed in The Council of LDA. Urgent diabetes questions were discussed. It was decided to appeal to LR Government in order to organise a meeting in the ministry of Health.
· On May 11, V.Augustiniene and dr.E.Rudinskiene spoke on the urgent diabetes questions in the broadcast “Kaip jauciates” (How do you feel) in TV “Baltija”.
· On May 30, during the seminar HbAlc tests were conducted for the members of Kupiskis diabetes club “Kupa”. J.Uleckiene (the Lithuanian Community of nurses diabetologists), J.Margelyte (Eksmos MTC), L.Cepuliene (“Seskines outpatient clinic”), V.Augustiniene, D.Kvedaraviciene (LDA) took part in the Kupiskis seminar. Supporters of the seminar were the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government and Eksmos MTC.
· On May 31, the seminar for Anyksciai diabetes club “Ateitis” was organised. Dr.S.Galgauskas, dr.E.Rudinskiene, nurse J.Uleckiene a representative of “Plasitus” G.Balciunaite spoke on diabetes questions. HbAlc tests were conducted for the members of a club. The supporter of the seminar was the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· On June 5, a discussion “A care of people with II type diabetes” took place in Kaunas hotel “Perkuno namai”. The representatives of National St.Vincent declaration committee, Lithuanian Endocrinologists Community, the Union of Diabetes Medics, LDA, The Community of Nurses Diabetoligists and press took part in the seminar. The supporter of the seminar was Novo Nordisk company.
· On June 16, in the meeting of the members of Telsiai diabetes club “Dia Telsiai” V.Augustiniene informed about the activity of LDA, the news in diabetes and answered to the questions.
· During June 24 – July 3, 26 members of 14 diabetes clubs had a rest in Palanga. The chief of the camp was I.Zamaliene. Dr.J.Varanaviciene, Dr. V.Zekaite, the chief of Druskininkai diabetes club “Atgaja” J.Simoniene, A.Zamalis helped in organising the rest and diabetes education in the camp. The general sponsor was the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· On June 30, Vilkaviskis diabetes club “Insula” celebrated 10-year jubilee. The President of LDA V.Augustiniene, the chiefs of Marijampole and Sakiai diabetes clubs, the representatives of local administration, medicine and press congratulated the activity of this organisation. Amateur talent activities were presented. The chief of the club presented the work during 10 years. “Insula” unifies 45 people with diabetes and is one of the best working members in LDA.
· During July 1-12, D.Jacevic from Lentvaris and J.Pyragyte from Pasvalys rested in the camp of Latvia Diabetes Association for Children and Adolescents.
· On July 2, an appeal to the President of Lithuania Mr. V.Adamkus, the Chairman of the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas) Mr. A.Paulauskas, the Chairman of Health Committee in the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas) Mr. K.Kuzmickas, the Prime Minister Mr. E.Gentvilas, the Minister of Health Mr. K.R.Dobrovolskis, the Director of State Patients’ Cash Mr. S.Janonis was sent.
· On June 3, the concern about the changes in the low about compensated medicine was expressed in the BNS conference. V.Augustiniene represented the LDA.
· During July 9-11, the third meeting of the project “The school for the people with II type diabetes” members took part in Vilnius. Dr.E.Rudinskiene and Dr.G.Zaleskis educated people with diabetes. The Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government was the sponsor.
· On July 18, the seminar in Gelgaudiskis (Sakiai district) took place. HbAlc tests were conducted for the members of Marijampole, Sakiai, and Vilkaviskis clubs. Dr.E.Rudinskiene, B.Marciukaitiene consulted about the diabetes questions. The general sponsor was the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· During July 21-30, 28 children with diabetes had a rest and education in Plateliai camp “Saltinelis”. The member of Lithuanian Community of Nurses Diabetologists A.Danyliene guided the camp. Dr.G.Apanel, nurses A.Gostautiene and K.Stropute helped her. The general sponsor was the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· On July 25, in Zarasai diabetes club “Viltis” Dr.E.Rudinskiene consulted the members about the control of diabetes. HbAlc researches were conducted.
· During July 28 – August 2, Vilnius diabetes club “Keturi zirgai” organised a trip by canoe. The sponsor was the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· During August 5-14, International children and youths diabetes training camp takes place in Druskininkai training centre “Dainava”. 26 people with diabetes from 13 districts of Lithuania and Latvia participate in it. The chief of this camp is a chairwoman of Druskininkai diabetes club “Atgaja” J.Simoniene. Dr. E. Jasinskiene, nurse A. Krivolap and chairwoman of Panevezys diabetes club D. Kavaliauskiene helped her. The general sponsor is the Council for the Affairs of Disabled at the Government.
· During September 9-13, in Glasgow (Scotland) European Diabetes Studies Association Conference takes place.
· November 14 is World Diabetes Day. The 2001 theme is “Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease”.
10 Year for “Insula”
The chief of Vilkaviskis diabetes club “Insula” J.Janusaitis shares his impressions from 10-year jubilee celebration on June 30. In his speech he reviewed an activity of the club during past 10 years. He is thankful to sponsors and hopes to do much in the future.
Congratulations! Nijole Voveraitiene Celebrates Her 70-Years Jubilee.
M.Saltyte talks to N.Voveraitiene about her life and experience. N.Voveraitiene was the editor of a book “A Proper Diet Is A Health”. In such a way she met the President of LDA V.Augustiniene. She thanks for her for consulting about diabetes later, when she became a patient herself.
Advertisements on self-control devices of representatives of Roche Diagnostics company “Eksmos MTC”.
Croatian Diabetes Association invites to have a rest near Adrian sea. An information about hotel “Pinija” is provided.
N.Zibalaite is deeply hurt by changes in medicine compensation. She invites all the people with diabetes to fight against such changes.
On June 27, 2001, nurse students defended a bachelor thesis. They are sincerely thankful to all the people who helped them with their works.
The chief of Anyksciai diabetes club “Ateitis” S.Malinauskas is glad that the members of this club are pleasingly accepted in LDA. He thanks to the President of LDA V.Augustiniene, Dr. E.Rudinskiene, Dr. S.Galgauskus, nurse J.Uleckiene.
On June 29, the social integration camp for the North Lithuania Invalids took part in Radviliskis. The chief of Radviliskis diabetes club “Likimas” shares his impression about the meeting.
The chief of Radviliskis diabetes club “Likimas” J.Dambrauskis is glad that the members of the club have interesting extracurricular activities.
The Festival of Marijampole Children.
On June 20, diabetes club “Diabetikas ABC” organised a health festival.
In the Camp of Diabetes Education.
I.Zamaliene shares her joy for 26 children with diabetes who rested in Palanga camp.
Panevezys Club Came Off.
Panevezys diabetes club “Viltis” have elected a new chief (D.Kavaliauskiene) and secretary (G.Sereikiene) and renewed its activity.
R.Kairyte thanks for a possibility to rest in a diabetes camp on summer.
GlucoWatch Is Already Registered.
In Diabetes No2 (2000) an information about new device for glucose measuring GlucoWatch is provided. FDA registered this new device recently. Watch www.glucowatch.com for more information.
Leguminous plants prepared by V.Cepaite.
Eight Roles How to Control Diabetes,
Prepared by D.Kartheiser, according to the foreign press.
Information about possibility to order and acquire an armlet for identification of a person with diabetes is provided. The chiefs of diabetes clubs are invited to inform people with diabetes, society, emergency medical service and police about the meaning of an armlet.
Prepared by Dr.E.Rudinskiene, according to “Modern Medicine”, July, 1998, and “Diabetes Care”, May, 1998.
Algis mother shares her bothers and miseries while raising her son. The boy became ill with diabetes being 1 year and 8 months old. She tells about all the things that she was obliged to find out threw these years. She is glad Algis became aware of the use of illness control comparably early.
LDA information for the members of LDA about possibility to acquire self-control tools with a discount.
Prepared by Dr.E.Rudinskiene, according to “Diabetes Forecast”, may, 2001.
What is HbA1c? (Continued from page 21)
Glucose And Physical Training,
Prepared by Dr.E.Baltrusaitiene.
R.Simonis tells about his life with cerebral paralysis. He thanks to his mother for her care. His brother Jonas has diabetes Type 1.
Prepared by Dr. E.Rudinskiene, according to “Diabetes Forecast”, June, 2001.
Advertisements of Berlin-Chemie Menarini Group and MediSense.
An information about new books for people with diabetes is provided.