|» Archive of earlier newspaper issues||» Lithuanian version|
Diabetes, No 3 (63) September, 2009
Lithuanian Diabetes Association
ELI LILLY the general sponsor.
Sponsors: ABBOTT DIABETES CARE, LTD
The general sponsor of this item The Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
Pages 1, 2, 3
National Award for Vida Augustinienė
On 5 July 2009 the LR President gave the Knight
Cross of the Order for Merits to
Here you can read an exclusive and exhaustive interview with Mrs. Augustinienė, where she tells about her everyday work and her way to success and recognition.
On page 3 you can find a leader also.
Page 4, 6
The International Conference The Activity of Social Diabetes Organizations Under Present Economic Conditions, Problems and Their Realization
On 1423 August 2009 Russian Diabetes
Association in Svetlogorsk (
The information about Lithuanian Diabetes Association the member of IDF.
On 2729 June 2009 the IDF Europe Region Board
sessions took place in
The information about the subscription of newspaper Diabetas.
The Statement of American Diabetes Association Position
The Conclusions of the
Diabetes Research (
More information about this research you can find http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/25/suppl_1/s28.full
Page 9, 28
69th American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions (2009)
On 59 June 2009 The
69th American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions took place in
This year the final results of the
More information about the questions discussed during the sessions and the results of scientific studies you can find www.diabetes.org
A necrology dedicated to the editor of newspaper Diabetas Nijolė Voveraitienė and the memories of her granddaughter Kristina Noreikienė.
How to Live for a Man with Diabetes?
The annotation of a new book How to Live for People with Diabetes?, published by Lithuanian Diabetes Association.
The Order of LR Minister of Health Algis Čaplikas Regarding the
Change of the Order Nr. 112 of Minister of Health 8 March 2002 Regarding the
Prescription and Issuance (
Here you can find not only the order of the Minister of Health, but also the information of Public Relations Department of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania More Possibilities to Purchase Cheaper Medicine Are Appearing
More information about the new order of the Minister of Health and new possibilities to purchase cheaper medicine you can find www.sam.lt
Page 13, 14
The Project of Sponsorship of Disabled People Associations Work 2009
Good DM Control the Prevention of the Complications in the Clubs of Districts
In 2009 seven one-day educational camps
Good DM Control the Prevention of the Complications were
arranged in the clubs of districts. These camps took place in
The participants had to fill in the form, which showed the knowledge of people with diabetes about their disease and about the accessibility of facilities also. So here, in this article, you can find the results of the inquiry and the example of the form.
Its the annotation of the third book of Albertas Kleinauskis. The author has had diabetes for eleven years already. He writes about the people from his hometown Plateliai. The author is exclusive because of his writing language Albertas Kleinauskis writes only in Samogitian dialect.
Help Ourselves and Others Learn How to Control the Disease
Healthy food camps, organized by Vilnius City and District Diabetes Union chairwoman Raimonda Černiauskienė, engaged people with diabetes from diabetes clubs in Vilnius, Kaunas, Elektrėnai, Kaišiadorys, Marijampolė, Kretinga, Klaipėda, Šilalė, Šilutė, Švėkšna, etc. On 1520 June 2009 in Zarasai and on 615 July 2009 in Kretinga district people with diabetes rested and learned how to plan their nutrition by themselves.
Page 16, 18
Chronicle of Lithuanian Diabetes Association
29 May 2009 LDA president Vida Augustinienė took part
in the 20th anniversary of the regeneration of Lithuanian Medics Alliance (LMA)
and the 5th anniversary of the foundation of this
· On 5 June the chairwoman of the Council of Representatives of Lithuanian Patients Organizations Vida Augutinienė read a presentation about the work of the Council in the international congress Patients Safety in Odontology.
6 11 June Lithuanian Diabetes Association president Vida Augustinienė
took part in the 69th American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions which
took place in
16, 23 June and 25 August LDA president Vida Augustinienė
took part in the meeting of the Commission of Diseases and Compensatory
Medicine in the Department of Pharmacy of the Ministry of Health of the
17 June Mrs. Vida Augustinienė was invited to the
10th anniversary of
· On 17 June LDA president Vida Augustinienė met with the participants of the educational camp for children and youth in Plateliai (Plungė district). The general sponsor The Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
· On 22 June the adjusted estimates of LDA were given to the Department for the Affairs of Disabled. The budget was cut 40.000 Lt.
22 June Mrs. Lilly Karn from German Committee for
Children arrived to
2729 June 2009 the member of IDF Vida Augustinienė
took part in the IDF Europe Region Board sessions, which took place in
· On 1 July LDA presented a Project of the Support of Disabled Association Work 2010 to the Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
· On 3 July the chairwoman of the Council of representatives of Lithuanian Patients Organizations Vida Augustinienė took part in the Lithuanian radio live broadcast about the target health reforms.
· On 45 July a practical educational seminar for nurses in diabetes took place in Plungė district. The general sponsor of this event the Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
5 July the LR President gave the Knight Cross of the Order for Merits to
· On 8 July a meeting between the Patients Board and the advisers of the minister Mr. M. Marcinkevičius and Ms. I. Milašiūtė occured.
· On 8 July Mrs. Vida Augustinienė took part in Lithuanian television live broadcast Teisė žinoti (The Right to Know), where she spoke about the health reforms.
· On 1925 July and on 26 July1 August, 1521 August, 2228 August the educational camps for people, who have type 2 diabetes, took place in Plateliai (Plungė district). LDA president Vida Augustinienė met the participants of the camp. The general sponsor the Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
· On 78 August an educational seminar Lithuanian Patients Rights in the Context of European, Patients Rights Charter for the chairmen of LDA members society took place in Anykščiai. The general sponsor the Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
· On 1019 August an educational camp for children and youth, who have type1 diabetes, took place in the resort Atsipūsk (Relax) in Švedriškės village, Ignalina district. LDA president Vida Augustinienė visited the campers. The general sponsor the Department for the Affairs of Disabled at the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
1423 August 2009 Russian Diabetes Association in Svetlogorsk
Page 18, 19
Seminar for Nurses Diabetes Educators
On 45 July 2009 a practical educational
seminar for nurses diabetes educators took place in Plungė
district. The main theme of the seminar was The Nutrition and the Importance
of Self-control of People Having Diabetes. 27 nurses from 17 districts of
Page 20, 21
The example of the form, that was given to the participants of training camps (p. 13, 14). This form shows the knowledge of people with diabetes about their disease and about the accessibility of facilities and medical services also.
The Second International Diabetes Education Conference
Diabetes is one of the worlds major healthcare problems patient education is one important lever for an optimal solution.
Here you can find the declaration signed
Lithuanians Lifetime is the Shortest in EU, and medical care facilities are almost the worst
The organizations joining patients and
pharmacists are disturbed and worried about the short lifetime of Lithuanians,
comparing with people who live in another EU countries, because in other countries
the lifetime is lengthening. The average lifetime in EU (2009) is 79,1 years. Meanwhile the average lifetime in
More information and comments on this theme you can find in the article.
Learned how to befriend... with the disease
Almost 600 inhabitants of Pasvalys district have diabetes. 100 new cases are registered annually. Supposedly there are many people who have diabetes, but they do not know about it yet. Lithuanian Diabetes Association and Pasvalys District Association of People Who Have Diabetes Sveikata (Health) have organized an educational camp Good DM Control the Prevention of the Complications. The participants arrived to this camp from five different districts: Anykščiai, Radviliškis, Pakruojis, Panevėžys, Joniškis.
The mayor of Pasvalys district Gintautas Gegužinskas gave a warm welcome to the participants. They heard the presentations about the work of the association Sveikata and about the prevention of diabetes (Dr. Dalia Vasilūnienė, Dr. Vilius Povilionis, etc.).
More information about the educational camp in Pasvalys district you can find in this warm article, written by Zina Magelinskienė. The article is illustrated with a nice photo of all the participants of this educational camp.
Page 26, 27, 28
I Am Him
Its a very warm and frank article written by a sweet girl who has diabetes. She writes about her life with diabetes, shares her worries and feelings, and tells about her friendship with the disease.
results of the long-awaited Rosiglitazone Evaluated
for Cardiac Outcomes and Regulation of Glycaemia in Diabetes (RECORD) study
were presented during a symposium at the 69th Scientific Sessions in
More information about RECORD study one can find www.recordstudyresults.org
Danish Vegetable Dishes
Here the readers of the newspaper Diabetas can find two original recipes: leek cake and Chinese slumgullion.
Camping Days Were Like Sun Beams
On 1925 July 2009 in Plateliai a diabetes educational camp was organized. The participants learned how to control the disease. The participants of the camp heard the presentations about diabetes and its control (Dr. Vytautas Danyla, nurse Elena Mickevičienė).
The president of Lithuanian Diabetes Association Vida Augustinienė gave the participants a warm welcome.
The representatives of Abbott Diabetes Care, Abovita, Eksmos MTC took part in the camp also. They told the participants about the self-control of diabetes.